Mojo Juju releases new single & announces tour dates!
Mojo Juju Celebrates the Release of Pulsing New Single
‘Think Twice’ with a String of Live Dates through August/September
In our ongoing series of tributes to Australian music legends, we tackled Nick Cave's huge and inspiring body of work for triple j’s Aus Music Month 2011.
Cave has been the most continually played artist on triple j. That in itself is astounding, given how many new artists, musical movements and industry changes have arisen across the past four decades.
Cave is undeniably one of the true greats of music. Starting with Boys Next Door and then The Birthday Party, he’s gone on to make 14 albums with The Bad Seeds and two more with Grinderman. He has been both incredibly prolific and consistently brilliant. Recurring appearances in Hottest 100’s speak volumes of Nick Cave's relevancy to new generations of music fans.
With no shortage of artists keen to volunteer their time, the line-up of vocalists and musicians that helped us celebrate the work of Nick Cave was intentionally diverse – to show the man’s influence across the genres. Each of them was passionate in doing justice to the legacy of these songs.
We started in Geelong and then took these tribute concerts to Ballarat, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane. The shows took on a life of their own and the camaraderie and spirit of collaboration between the artists grew with each performance. It was great to witness how each song was interpreted and adapted by the artists, under the superb guidance of Cameron Bruce. We loved what they achieved and hopefully you will too.
Straight to You – triple j’s Tribute To Nick Cave
2CD of live recordings - Available February 10
DVD of the concert – Available March 2
The full show will also be broadcast on ABC2 TV and triple j radio, January 26
1. Kram - Red Right Hand
2. Bertie Blackman and Muscles - Do You Love Me?
3. Muscles - I Let Love In
4. Abbe May - Lie Down Here (& Be My Girl)
5. Alex Burnett – Shivers
6. Alex Burnett and Lanie Lane - Where The Wild Roses Grow
7. Johnny Mackay - Nick The Stripper
8. Johnny Mackay - People Ain't No Good
9. Lisa Mitchell - The Ship Song
10. Jake Stone - The Weeping Song
11. Urthboy - O Children
12. Dan Sultan – Deanna
13. Tim Rogers - From Her To Eternity
1. Abbe May - Depth Charge Ethel
2. Adalita - Straight To You
3. Lisa Mitchell - Into My Arms
4. Paul Kelly - Nobody's Baby Now
5. Paul Kelly and Adalita – Lament
6. Urthboy - Stagger Lee
7. Bertie Blackman - The Mercy Seat
8. Kram - Henry Lee
9. Kram, Lisa Mitchell and Dan Sultan - There Is A Kingdom
10. Lanie Lane - Jack The Ripper
11. Dan Sultan - Get Ready For Love
12. Adalita - Papa Won't Leave You, Henry