More albums you may like
This year, The Wiggles are celebrating 30 years entertaining and enriching the lives of children and families around the world.
In 2021, paying homage to this original tune and the legacy of the OGs, The Wiggles have recorded a new track, 'We’re All Fruit Salad'. This song sensitively captures key global concerns of today, musically delivering a message of unity, respect, appreciation and acceptance. It's also a shoutout to classic Wiggly songs such as 'Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy' which is now an iconic tune, globally-recognised, and firmly segmented in Australian popular culture.
The inspiration to write this song came to Anthony Field from his good friend, and renowned psychic medium John Edward. Overwhelmed by the riots and injustice in the world, John contacted Anthony and suggested that he write a song that featured a rainbow. He believed that this song would help heal and bring people together.
We’re All Fruit Salad has been co-written and composed by Anthony Field (Blue Wiggle, original founding member) and James Harkness ('Paul Williams’, Broadway performer, ’Ain’t Too Product – The Life and Times of The Temptations’).
Not only does the song feature our favourite fab four – Anthony Field, Emma Watkins. Lachy Gillespie and Simon Pryce – it also features many special guest artists and performers, including:
- Richie Allan plays the didgeridoo, is a Ngunnawal artist and is the cultural director of TOACK (Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation Kinnections). Richie is a former professional rugby league player who played for Sydney City Roosters and Gold Coast Chargers.
- Lou Diamond Phillips is a Filipino-American actor and film director. He starred as Ritchie Valens in the biographical drama film La Bamba. Phillips made his Broadway debut with the 1996 revival of The King and I, earning a Tony Award nomination for his portrayal of King Mongkut of Siam.
- Evie Ferris is a corps-de-ballet dancer with The Australian Ballet and is of Aboriginal descent.
- Jawan M. Jackson is an actor, singer, radio personality and voiceover artist. Jawan has appeared on Broadway in Motown The Musical and currently stars in Ain’t Too Proud-The Life and Times of The Temptations as bass/baritone Melvin Franklin.
- Taylor Symone Jackson is a professional singer, dancer, actor and is currently starring on Broadway in Ain’t Too Proud-The Life and Times of The Temptations as Johnnie Mae/Mary Wilson.
- choreographer Paul Knobloch, noted by critics for having a unique movement vocabulary based on the highly developed fusion of classical and contemporary dance, forged from his eight years with The Australian Ballet.
- Robert Rakete is from New Zealand, of Maori decent and radio host of the 'Breeze'. He guest stars in Wiggle House, Rock & Roll Preschool and the second series of Ready, Steady, Wiggle! Robert sings in Maori on We’re All Fruit Salad!
- Victor Valdes, a Virtuoso harpist who has redefined the harp as a solo and lead instrument in a multitude of musical contexts, has performed in 225 countries worldwide. For 10 years, he was a member of Tlen Huicani, the best known and multi-award-winning Mexican folk group which toured the world, including playing 20 performances at Sydney Opera House and blues festival stages Australia-wide. Victor lends his vocals in We’re All Fruit Salad!, singing a few lines in his native language, Spanish.
'We're All Fruit Salad!' is just the beginning of what will be a very exciting year for The Wiggles and fans worldwide.
Watch the music video for 'We're All Fruit Salad' below.