More by this artist
More albums you may like
The Nude: Beauty, Truth, Desire, Drama
In association with the Art Gallery of New South Wales
The art of the nude is fascinating because it is all about what is revealed: the glimpse of skin, the body in full, the things we don’t usually see. But the nude in art is also gets us thinking about big questions at the heart of who we are today: questions about beauty, desire, truth, mortality and power.
From the tenderness of a solo violin to the raw emotion of a symphony orchestra, this album showcases music of total intimacy and wild abandon, giving glimpses into human emotion – and our responses to those questions – from the Baroque to the present day.
A musical companion to the Art Gallery of New South Wales’ exhibition The Nude.
The Nude runs at the Art Gallery of New South Wales from 5 November 2016 to 5 February 2017. Visit http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/nude/ for more details.
- 1. SCHUBERT Impromptu in G-flat major
- 2. GRIEG Rigaudon from Holberg Suite
- 3. SCHUBERT Ständchen (Serenade) from Schwanengesang
- 4. RAVEL String Quartet in F major: Second movement (Assez vif – Très rythmé)
- 5. SATIE The Dreamy Fish
- 6. BEETHOVEN String Quartet in F minor, Op. 95: Fourth movement (Larghetto espressivo – Allegretto agitato)
- 7. CILEA Intermezzo from Adriana Lecouvreur
- 8. CILEA Io son l’umile ancella from Adriana Lecouvreur
- 9. STRAVINSKY The Rite of Spring: Augurs of Spring, Dances of the Young Girls – Ritual of Abduction
- 10. BACH Sonata No. 1 in G minor for solo violin: First movement (Adagio)
- 11. TRAD. SCOTTISH / BORDER Mary Scott, the Flower of Yarrow
- 12. TRAD. SCOTTISH / BORDER Mary Scott, the Flower of Yarrow
- 13. RACHMANINOFF Vocalise
- 14. BACH Partita No. 1 in B minor for solo violin: Second movement (Double)
- 15. VINE Love Me Sweet