More albums you may like
A celebration of music, culture, and identity, from the hearts and mouths of a new generation of Indigenous Australia.
The call; “What song has spoken strongest to you about growing up an Indigenous Australian?” The response; A collection of 12 songs from this country’s deadliest and most inspiring young musicians, taking us on a sonic journey through the foundations of their musical inspiration, and the songs that have helped shape their Indigenous identity and culture.
From Adelaide to East Arnhem Land, from Brisbane to Regional NSW, DEADLY HEARTS showcases Australian music at its absolute finest. Each artist brings their own flavour whilst paying homage to, and retaining the soul of these 12 songs that hold a special place in their hearts.
Jimblah paints a synth-laden, new-age picture of his ‘Island Home’ taking on the Warumpi Band classic; Robbie Miller provides some magical, goosebump-inducing moments with ‘Solid Rock’, Emily Wurramara delivers a breathy, jazz-inspired rendition of Coloured Stone’s ‘Black Boy’, Benny Walker shares his musical inspirations by paying tribute to a timeless masterpiece, and Birdz throws his hip-hop touch at Yothu Yindi’s ‘Sunset Dreaming (Djapana)’.
The modern sound of Indigenous Australia. The next generation of Indigenous storytellers, genre-hopping across these songs of importance.
- 1. Jimblah – My Island Home
- 2. Birdz – Sunset Dreaming (Djapana Remix)
- 3. Robbie Miller – Solid Rock
- 4. Dhapanbal Yunupingu – Maralitja
- 5. Apakatjah – The Dead Heart
- 6. Benny Walker – Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
- 7. Philly – Yil Lull
- 8. Kuren – Own Backyard
- 9. Emily Wurramara – Black Boy
- 10. Yirrmal – Blackfella Whitefella
- 11. Daen – River Of Fearz (Ft. Kev Karmody)
- 12. Gawurraa – When The War Is Over