More albums you may like
The multi-award winning, critically acclaimed and best-selling The Idea of North present their brand new studio album: Ballads. The album showcases the group at its very best, performing beautiful songs in stunning new vocal arrangements – and The Idea of North is joined on three tracks by the sensational vocal percussionist Kaichiro Kitamura.
Over the past two decades, The Idea of North has become renowned for phenomenal performances – using just the voices of their four members, soprano Sally Cameron, alto Naomi Crellin, tenor Nick Begbie and bass Andrew Piper. They’ve twice won the ARIA Award for Best Jazz Album, sold out venues throughout Australia and the world, and been heard by even more music-lovers globally through their acclaimed recordings.
The Ballads concept began seven years ago with a concert of ‘Ballads by Candlelight’ at the Adelaide Fringe Festival. It was so successful that they’ve been touring that concert all over the country ever since. From Sinatra to Sting, and from Cold Chisel to originals by The Idea of North, this is an essential new album from a group who are now well-established as one of the jewels in Australia’s musical crown. They are joined by an array of guest artists, including the stunning Kristin Berardi (“probably the finest jazz singer Australia has produced” – Sydney Morning Herald), tenor Ed Fairlie (who provides new possibilities in close harmony) and the Japanese vocal percussionist Kaichiro Kitamura.
- 1. Flame Trees (Cold Chisel)
- 2. A Country Mile (The Idea of North)
- 3. Fields Of Gold (Sting)
- 4. Heidenröslein (Heinrich Werner)
- 5. Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
- 6. My One & Only Love (Frank Sinatra)
- 7. Too Much Heaven (Bee Gees)
- 8. I Said No (Jo Lawry)
- 9. Ode To Oli (feat. Kristin Berardi) (Kristin Berardi)
- 10. The Pirate’s Bride (Sting)
- 11. When All Is Said & Done (ABBA)
- 12. Dance Medley (Jack O’Hagan)
- 13. A Sailor’s Lament (The Idea of North)
- 14. Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) (Billy Joel)