More by this artist
More albums you may like
The Classic 100 – Swoon: The Top 10 and Selected Highlights
The most beautiful classical music ever written.
What’s the music that makes you swoon? The sounds that make your world stand still? For 20 years, ABC Classic FM’s Breakfast show has featured a daily ‘Swoon’, and each morning listeners across the country look forward to this ‘little parcel of rapture’ – a chance to shut out the noise and busyness of everyday life and drink in the loveliness of pure music. Over the past two decades, the Swoon phenomenon has touched the lives of millions of Australians with moments of musical bliss.
Put the magic of Swoon at the heart of The Classic 100, Classic FM’s eagerly awaited annual survey of listener favourites, and you have the best of the best: Australia’s top moments of musical heaven.
The box set of the complete top 100 pieces was Australia's highest-selling classical album of 2015. Now ABC Classics present the distilled version, featuring the complete top 10 Swoons (CD1) plus a disc of highlights: 13 sublime tracks specially selected from across the full Swoon spectrum.
1. VAUGHAN WILLIAMS The Lark Ascending
2. MOZART Clarinet Concerto: Adagio
3. BARBER Adagio for Strings
4. PÄRT Spiegel im Spiegel
5. ALLEGRI Miserere
6. MASSENET Méditation, from Thaïs
7. ELGAR ‘Enigma’ Variations: Nimrod
8. MORRICONE Gabriel’s Oboe, from The Mission
9. FAURÉ Requiem: Pie Jesu
10. ALBINONI / GIAZOTTO Adagio in G minor (excerpt)
1. MAHLER Symphony No. 5: Adagietto
2. MOZART Ave, verum Corpus
3. STRAUSS Im Abendrot (In Sunset’s Glow), from Four Last Songs
4. BACH Mache dich, mein Herze, rein, from St Matthew Passion
5. HANDEL Pifa (Pastoral Symphony), from Messiah
6. TALLIS Spem in alium
7. BEETHOVEN ‘Moonlight’ Sonata: Adagio sostenuto
8. DEBUSSY Prélude à ‘L’Après-midi d’un Faune’
9. RACHMANINOFF Glory to God in the Highest, from All-Night Vigil
10. BACH arr. HESS Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
11. RAVEL Pavane for a Dead Princess
12. ALBINONI Oboe Concerto in D minor: Adagio
13. BACH Air (‘Air on the G String’), from Orchestral Suite No. 3